Portable Cone Beam CT Scans
Red Bank Veterinary Hospital in Tinton Falls now offeres something new in advanced veterinary imaging -- Portable Cone Beam CT Scans.
CT stands for Computed Tomography. This type of imaging displays x-ray images of your pet in multiple planes, which gives doctors valuable information about the 3-dimensional anatomy to help diagnose your pet’s disease or injury during your office visit and begin treatment right away.
Our new VetCAT CT Scanner is a small, specialized, and portable cone beam CT scanner used primarily by our Dentistry & Oral Surgery and Avian & Exotics departments..
- Replaces full mouth x-rays with moredetailed images showing dental anatomy and pathology
- Allows better visualization of the skeletal structures of small exotic patients
- One scan replaces the need for multiplex-rays, reducing the amount of radiation exposure to the patient
- Faster – which means your pet spends lesstime under anesthesia
- Costs less than a traditional CT scan
- Portable – so patients don’t have to bemoved throughout the hospital
- Takes less than a minute!