Veterinary Student Pre-Vet Externships from RBVH
RBVH is pleased to offer this externship to undergraduate college students currently enrolled in a pre-vet program. The program is open to students who have completed their junior year. Externships are scheduled by March and are held in August. Space is very limited.
Undergraduate Student Extern (Pre-Vet) Externship
This externship is for undergraduate college students in a pre-vet program applying to veterinary school. Externship students spend two weeks observing in various clinical departments. Applicants must be in good academic standing, demonstrate a desire to continue on to veterinary school, and have a recommendation from a school or veterinary professional.
Pre-vet externs shadow departments and technicians and are under the direction of a CVT.
- Letter of recommendation from a veterinary professional or the attending college
- Proof of good academic standing
- Rabies vaccine preferred but not required
- Proof of health insurance
- Background check and drug test are not required at this time
- None to student
Affiliated Colleges Include:
- Rutgers University in New Brunswick, New Jersey
- University of Florida in Gainesville, Florida
- DeSales University in Center Valley, Pennsylvania
- University of Delaware in Newark, Delaware
- University of Pennsylvania in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- University of Vermont in Burlington, Vermont
- Lehigh University in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
- University of Wisconsin in Madison, Wisconsin
- Harcum College in Bryn Mawr, Pennsylvania
- Mount Holyoke College in South Hadley, Massachusetts
- Monmouth University in West Long Branch, New Jersey
Contact Janet McConnell, Director of Education & Professional Development, for additional information about this program.