Veterinary Mentorship for Monmouth Co. High School Seniors
RBVH offers an eight-week mentorship program for high school seniors seeking a supervised educational experience in a veterinary hospital.
High School Mentorship
Select local high schools have integrated mentorship programs into their curriculums for their senior class students and are continually seeking potential mentors. RBVH has participated in this program since 2001. The purpose of this eight-week mentorship is to provide senior students from Monmouth County a collaborative learning experience with a science/health related theme. Mentor sites host students two hours per day, three days per week.
- 18 years old (or within three months of it with proper paperwork).
- Rabies vaccines for hands-on participation. Students are in a controlled supervised educational position so, if shadowing only, they do not require the vaccine.
- Proof of health insurance.
- Background check and drug test are not required for this position.
- One per semester
- None to student
Affiliated High Schools:
- High Tech High School in Lincroft, New Jersey
- Allied Health and Science in Neptune, New Jersey
Contact our hospital for additional information.