RBVH Advanced Specialty Veterinary Technician Externships
RBVH offers students enrolled in veterinary technician programs the opportunity to participate in supervised instruction in a clinical setting. Externships are offered for both veterinary technician students and specialty veterinary technician students.
Technician Student Specialty Externship
This advanced externship is for second year veterinary technician students. These students must be competent in basic clinical technician skills and seeking exposure to specialty nursing.
Specific tasks and hourly requirements are determined by the attending college. The goal of the specialty externship is to expose the graduating veterinary technician to nursing skills in a variety of specialties including ECC, neurology, cardiology, orthopedic surgery, oncology, ophthalmology, dermatology, internal medicine, and physical therapy. Students earn college credit for their specialty externship.
- Background check (provided by student)
- Drug Test (provided by student)
- Rabies vaccine recommended but not required
- Proof of health insurance
- Letter of recommendation from attending college
- Proof of good academic standing
- None for student
Clinical Hosting Fee:
- $1/hour of clinical instruction
- Johnson College in Scranton, Pennsylvania
Contact our hospital for additional information about this program.