RBVH Veterinary Technician Externships
RBVH offers students enrolled in veterinary technician programs the opportunity to participate in supervised instruction in a clinical setting. Externships are offered for both veterinary technician students and specialty veterinary technician students.
Technician Student Externship
This externship is for students on a formal curriculum with a partnered AVMA-accredited veterinary technician program. Student externs are here for one to three months, depending on particular college requirements. The goal of the program is to provide technician student instruction in various clinical settings to produce a clinically competent technician at the end of the program. RBVH provides administrative duties required by the college to properly document instruction in all required areas. College credit is given for their externship.
- Background check (provided by student)
- Drug test (provided by student)
- Rabies vaccine (provided by student)
- Proof of health insurance
Clinical Hosting Fee:
- $1/hour of clinical instruction
- Camden County College in Camden County, New Jersey
- Bergen Community College in Bergen, New Jersey
- Manor College in Jenkintown, Pennsylvania
Contact our hospital for additional information about this program.